So what do we do to build up our immune systems?
If we can make sure that we have 75% raw food in our daily diet, then we are feeding our bodies on cellular level giving it all the tools it needs to fight off illness and diseases. Here are some good steps to reach this goal:
- Eat at least 1 fruit meal a day.
- Start each cooked meal with a healthy raw salad.
- Eat naturally sweet fruit like bananas, figs, raisins and dates before reaching for chocolate or other sweet treats.
- Take flaxseed oil and drink BarleyLife everyday to make sure you have all the nutrients your body needs.
The following foodstuffs are best left OFF the menu at a time like this:
- Heated fats, including margarine
- Sugar and refined foods (includes all fast food)
- Processed food
Cut down on animal food intake, preferably to 3 times a week, and increase EFA’s. These are the plant fats providing Omega 3 & 6 for e.g. cold pressed flaxseed and olive oil, olives, raw corn on the cob, raw nuts and seeds, and avocado.
What do we do when we ALREADY have cold or flu symptoms?
- Drink a full glass of freshly extracted (NOT bought in the shop) fruit or vegetable juice, for e.g. carrot juice, pineapple juice, orange juice.
- Go onto a totally raw diet immediately.
- For any sign of a sore throat, take a teaspoon of BarleyLife powder and let it dissolve at the back of your throat. This works especially just before going to sleep at night. Repeat this at least 3 times a day if the sore throat insists.
- Drink as much filtered water as you can.
- Sleep and rest often, giving your body time to heal.
- Allow at least half an hour in the sun a day.
- This is not the time to exercise – give your body a break.